The University of Exeter warmly welcomes disabled students and those students with additional support needs. If at any stage during your studies you feel that you may need support, you are welcome to discuss these needs in confidence with our Disability Resource Centre, which is based in the Old Library, Streatham Campus.
The Disability Resource Centre can provide:
- One-to-one tuition for specific learning difficulties
- Mentors for students with mental health problems
- Diagnostic tests for specific learning difficulties
- Guides, readers or scribes
- Access to braille versions of text
- Sign language interpreters
- Advice on Disability Benefits (through the Student Advice Centre)
- Technical Needs Assessments for Disabled Students Allowance (only if agreed by student's LEA)
Access to these services is tailored to the particular situation of distance learning students - for example, in some cases it may take the form of advice about how to access assistance or services in your area. Please contact the Disability Resource Centre for more information about how they can help.