You do not have to sign up for a UniCard, but there are many reasons why it could be a good idea.
If you are near the Exeter or Cornwall campuses you can use it as your University ID card, giving you access to the libraries and borrowing rights.
As a distance learning student, having a UniCard will mean you will have access to the online electronic library.
How to apply for your UniCard
The UniCard is issued free in the first instance, but you will need to pay a fee of £10 if you lose or break it, and need a replacement. If your card is stolen it will be replaced free of charge, providing your include a crime reference number with your application for a replacement. Replacement cards can be ordered from the Online Store.
- Register as a student (you will receive email confirmation when you are registered).
- Email a photograph of yourself to the Student Information Desk at email@example.com.
- Your photo should be a head and shoulders photo on a neutral background
- Your photo should be in jpeg format
- Please include your student number in the title of your email
- Your student card will be created and posted to your home address.
As your card is a form of ID, if it is lost or stolen please notify firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest opportunity.