Close encounters: Learning from dance education creative partnerships
Friday 25 June 2010, 10.45 – 4.00
Laban, Creekside, London, SE8 3DZ
Dance Partners for Creativity Public Seminar 2
Learning from dance education creative partnerships
This was the Dance Partners for Creativity project's second public seminar. We invited artists, teacher and researchers interested in arts partnership and creativity within a dance context and beyond to join us as we shared our findings. These were fresh from analysis and included close encounters with partnership roles and relationships in the context of humanising creativity, the tensions and ‘messiness’ of effective partnerships, key partnership pedagogies and issues of performativity. Participants were invited to consider findings in relation to practice, theory and policy in the context of educational futures.
what an informative and inspiring conference...Having taught creative dance to young people for over 10 years, I am so pleased that research is taking place into the importance of good working relationships and the potential benefits these can have on the creative process.
Freelance Dance Artist and MA student
The seminar was led by the core research team: Kerry Chappell, Anna Craft, Veronica Jobbins and Linda Rolfe with the support of Partner Researchers Bim Malcomson, Michael Platt and Caroline Watkins.
The presentations (linked below) were:
- Journeys of becoming: How partnership practice develops humanising creativity - Kerry Chappell
- Partnership pedagogies: Approaches to teaching and learning in dance from within the partnerships - Linda Rolfe
- Becoming meddlers in the middle: Partnership and possibility - Anna Craft
- Challenging performativity:How have these creative partnerships grown within, responded to and been challenged by the performativity agenda? - Veronica Jobbins
- Close Encounters - Introductory Presentation (pdf, 988kb, 30/06/10)
- Journeys of Becoming Presentation (pdf, 710kb, 29/06/10)
- Parnership Pedagogy (video + aduio) (pdf, 8533kb, 30/06/10)
- Possibility and Partnership: Meddlers in the Middle: (pdf, 1165kb, 30/06/10)
- The Dance Policy and Pedagogy (pdf, 1087kb, 02/07/10)
- The Presentation Summaries (ocx, 28kb, 09/07/10)