Postgraduate Module Descriptor
EFPM288: Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
This module descriptor refers to the 2016/7 academic year.
Indicative Reading List
This reading list is indicative - i.e. it provides an idea of texts that may be useful to you on this module, but it is not considered to be a confirmed or compulsory reading list for this module.
Module core texts
- Biggs, J. B. (rev. 2011), Teaching for Quality Learning at University, Open University Press/SRHE: Maidenhead – available as an e-book.
- Brookfield, S. D. (1995), Becoming a Critically Reflective Teacher. Jossey-Bass: San Francisco.
- Fry, H, Ketteridge, S & Marshall S (eds) (rev. 2009), A Handbook for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, 3rd edition. Kogan Page: London – available as an e-book.
- Higher Education Academy (HEA), HEA Toolkits, [www] https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/frameworks-toolkits/welcome-hea-toolkits, (accessed 03 November 2016).
- Jacques, D. (2000), Learning in Groups - A handbook for improving group working, Kogan Page: London - available as an e-book.
- Morss, K. and Murray, R. (2005), Teaching at university: a guide for postgraduates and researchers, Sage: London – available as an e-book.