Postgraduate Module Descriptor
EFPM320: Issues of Policy and Practice in Arts Education
This module descriptor refers to the 2017/8 academic year.
This module aims to help you to:
develop knowledge and understanding of contemporary perspectives on good practice in arts education in and out of formal education interrogate the role and value of arts education partnerships
develop an understanding of the role of policy in arts education curricula and practices using national and international contexts
develop knowledge and understanding of approaches to evaluation and assessment in arts education and how outcomes are used
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. demonstrate increased breadth and depth of knowledge of policies and practices that relate to your areas of expertise and interest (ie in one or more arts disciplines);|
2. develop appropriate modes of assessment and evaluation for arts educational outcomes;
3. demonstrate knowledge and critical understanding of the role of arts partnerships in education;
|Discipline-Specific Skills||4. develop a critical response to professional and policy literature that relates to arts education;|
5. demonstrate skills relevant to assessment and evaluation processes;
|Personal and Key Skills||6. undertake both directed and independent study to recognise, justify and analyse key ideas in the literature and relate to practice;|
7. work collaboratively in small groups with peers;
8. present ideas verbally and through writing; and engage in critical reflective debate.