Postgraduate Module Descriptor
EDUM030: Professional Learning (School Direct)
This module descriptor refers to the 2019/0 academic year.
The aim of the module is to enable students to demonstrate reflection on their professional development and provide evidence of achievement of the range of essential knowledge, skills and experience listed in the Teachers’ Standards required by the NCTL for QTS, available at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/teachers-standards
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. recognise pupils learning needs and interpret these learning needs in order to plan, teach, assess and evaluate lessons and schemes of work;|
2. demonstrate confident academic and pedagogic subject knowledge to teach across two designated Key Stages;
3. demonstrate secure understanding of the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum and assessment regulations for teaching in your designated Key Stages;
|Discipline-Specific Skills||4. demonstrate the ability to critically evaluate your personal professional learning;|
5. demonstrate the ability to plan your future professional development needs;
|Personal and Key Skills||6. manage your own learning development;|
7. learn effectively and be aware of your own learning strategies;
8. work productively in different kinds of teams (formal, informal, project based, etc); and
9. think creatively about the main features of a given problem and develop strategies for its resolution.